Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We go together like peas and carrots!


I couldn't help the "Forest Gump" reference, I always plant my peas and my carrots in the same row. they both like things a bit cooler so I planted them next to the house. If it will be any cooler I have no idea.

In the back in front of the pipe I have two hills of cucumbers, and in the front of that I have peppers.

As you can see when the leaves come out I wont get any sun at noon. But at 4 pm its HOT HOT HOT there. I would much rather have my garden in a place with full sun but there just isn't any area available without having to plant at my mothers house. and who wants to have a garden at someone else's house even if they are next door?

The blue thing in the corner of the picture is a rain barrel that stays full constantly! so I can water my garden out of that. and if its a light rain year I wont have to worry about my well!

No comments: