Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Manicures-- Konad Tutorial



As much as I loved my pac man nails. I have really loved these, and I nearly considered not changing them for another week I really wanted to try out my new konad system....

But I am sure you want to see how it works!

I have started off with my base coat. I am using the new polish I got with my prize package from "the daily nail" American Apparel's 'Peacock'. In the bottle I was uncertain if I really liked the color, but really I LOVE it on my nails.



I chose to used the center design of this plate.
It should look like a necklace on my nails



Place a drop of the special polish on or next to the design

Scrape it over the design
&
scrape off the excess


press the stamper FIRMLY on the plate


Lift it strait off, and the design should be on the stamper


Press it on your nail


There you go

I had to do my nails three times to get the "hang" of this. I even looked up some trouble shooting on the net. some sites suggested "roughing up" the stamper because I was having trouble getting it to "lift" so i used my emery board and did MINIMAL roughing and it then started lifting fine.

Some other tips~~~~~
  • use "disk" cotton my rolled cotton balls i love so much, leaves alot of fuzzies since you have to wipe the plate, the scraper, and the stamper after each stamp
  • maybe a clear coat in between the main color and your stamp so if you have to remove the stamp you don't destroy the base color.
  • you dont have to scrape hard
It took me some time to learn but its a neat way and its faster than painting designs on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty neat!!! You'll have to do my nails this summer. I hate doing them, I always mess them up. I stick to toe nails.

Susie said...

Really pretty.
Konading is SO very much fun. :)
Susie