Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Daddy's Roses


My Dad loved Roses. He had numerous rose bushes. and for special holidays he would get roses. This is the last two bunches of roses he sent to me. the light colored ones were Purple. he thought it fitting that I have them. I loved them so much I dried them. the large headed rose in the center came from his casket spray. and prior to his death, he had made arangements to send the other three red ones in December.

They have been gathering dust for two and a half years now. Yesterday i decided that i needed to preserve them better than i had. So I gently rinsed the dust from them. then I sprayed them with a non yellowing clear coat.

I bound them all tightly with floral tape and the sewed a ribbon Red for daddy's favorite color and the thin black to it signifying my loss. I then did a "bouquet ribbon wrap" and I have them placed along side of my fathers things on my mantel. Where they will be better protected.

No comments: