Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ONE year



356 days ago today I found a lump at my collarbone, it was a Monday.

Within a month I was hospitalized for Hodgkin’s disease. Today I get the results of MY PET scan. I am certain it will be fine.

I have seen too many warriors fall to this killer we call cancer in the past year. My heart weeps for their families. I hope/pray that soon we fill find the recipe to each and every cancer so that those cancers are as easily fixed as mine.

My heartfelt thanks go out to each and every single person who thought to send a card, or to pick up a phone and call to check on me or helped us out financially. You are the true heroes of my story.

I cry over each friend that I lost during this time. Many people found that my cancer was simply too much for them to bear, and those have drifted away from me. I wish for them blessings and good life.

My last and largest thank you goes out to God, for allowing me to have not only a cancer that can be treated and cured, but for having the wisdom to see that I needed this test to make me a stronger person. It showed me how to focus on living not just existing. It taught me to truly enjoy every day, and to appreciate those around me. For the first time in a long time I truly LOVE living.

1 comment:

Carla Amarosa said...

Can't wait to hear the results! Can't imagine what that day must have been like...one year ago today when you made that discovery & then had to fight denial. Denial is soooo strong. Went through denial when I was dealing w/my husband's addiction & just denied that HE could be an addict/alcoholic.
Am expecting to be rejoicing w/you later.