Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Manicures -- Neccos

I was once told "everyone loves Necco wafers". Well I don't, but I do love their colors! So this weeks Monday Mani is based on the Neccos I used to get for halloween that I hated *Gack*

I can see I still need to work on learning how to clean up my cuticles better. But the more i do my nails the better i get at them... I need to not hurry, hats 1/2 the issue!


Materials:


Thumb ~ Sally Hanson Insta Dry "Lively Lilac"
Index ~ Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreeme wear "Mellow Yellow"
Middle ~ Essie "Mint Candy Apple"
Ring ~ NYC Color 112A
Pinky ~ LA colors Art Deco "Baby Pink"

the "Necco" I used two dropps of the essie mixed with one drop of American Apparels "Peacock"

and since Neccos are powder covered with NO SHINE, I did a flip flop and used my Wet and wild matte base coat as a top coat to "tone down" my shine. I think I will be looking for a more Matte Finish than this one it did tone it down, but it didnt give me the results that I wanted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Neccos too! Love the colors though, very pretty. I use q-tips dipped in nail polish remover to help clean up my nails when I'm finished. If that doesn't work I let them soak in warm water for a few minutes *once the polish is dry* and then the extra polish just slides right off the skin.

Krista said...

most of the trouble with the extra polish was i didn't take my time putting it on, and i had plastic nails over top of my natural nails. that makes it harder as well, they had grown out a bit i think it was the third mani on them, I use the qtip trick too, i also have a corrector pen that i use, I just was in a hurry

Angie84 said...

That looks great!! My clean up tip is to use a small paint brush or makeup brush (I use an angled eyeliner brush) dipped in pure acetone. Works a treat!!

Krista said...

Thanks Angie, I may give that a shot! I would have to use acetone free though since most of my manis are on acrylic nails.