Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fashion Earrings




Have you priced earrings? HOLY MOLEY.... and the worst part is they are just like what I wore in the '80's! for the $12.50 I can get a half a tank of Gas, and drive for over a week! {luckily these I found new on the card second hand for 50 cents}

Well I came up with an idea. It almost made it to the craft blog, but I think since its concerning beauty and fashion and nail polish it belongs over here...

I had two pair of old earrings from high school still kicking around in my Earring Jewel box {oh you think I have alot of nail polish? You should see my earring collection!}

But the paint was flaked on one and the other was a color I just don't wear anymore. Mostly because "royal blue" isn't in style. But I had loved both sets and could not bear to part with them.

I started wearing earrings again after I lost my hair, I got HUGE hoops and wore them with my bandanna then walked around talking like a pirate...

Me in my "Pirate Gear"

I found that my earrings made me feel prettier, thus feel better. Now I dont feel "dressed" without my earrings.

SOOO I decided to take my two favorite colors of nail polish and put them on the two pair of 80's earrings. What am I out a bit of polish and maybe I can wear these again?

Well it worked great! As you can see I used the Sally Hansen insta-dry. Has good coverage with two coats.

If you have some of yours that you want to do, a word of advice, paint the backs first, let dry completely, then hold by the post, paint the front and set down to dry. Before starting on second coat make certain it is completely dry... if its not, it will bubble.

I think I will go back to NTCH and pick up some more, after all if this is all it takes to get new earrings that match my new outfits.... Perhaps some flashy hoops?

No comments: