Friday, May 14, 2010

Cool Seasons...

We are going to talk about clothing and the colors you need to wear. If you haven't figured out what your season is, you can still go HERE and get it.

Winter and Summer... Yea I know I was confused by that as well! Summer isn't cool. But the color season is.

and here is why....

These are cool colors from icy pink to wine and plum. but they all have "blue" undertones. no real warmth. by warmth I look for colors that look like sunshine colors. yellow tones, oranges, reds. those are warm. We will talk about warms tomorrow.

These are the cool shades. the ones on the left are more "icy" ones than the ones on the right. The ones on the right are more of the use of winters. the icy ones are for Summers.

But Winters can "get away with" the icy ones, BUT they wont look as strikingly wonderful on her (or him) as the deep Burgundys, wines, plums, navy, teals, and forest green.

As I said yesterday you will normally gravitate toward your own color scheme, but as you look through your closet you may find (as i did) you have that one outfit that just doesn't fit in but you love it and for some reason you always get complements when you wear it. You love it, it must look nice on you, so by all means keep it.

There are SOME summers and winters that are on an edge of the warm and cool scale. there is a way to determine that. And I know it has to do with a color wheel


But I have yet to really understand this part, since it did not directly effect me. I will be reading up on this and may do a post on contrast later.

For now you summers and winters, go into your closet and look at the colors and the combination of colors you have! you may have a favorite patterned skirt that is on the warm side, but it has a blouse or sweater that matches well and is on the cool side of the color wheel. you want the cool colors next to your face. So that is why that works for you.

9 comments:

JennyKaye said...

Thanks for this information I never understood it before!


jkmusingsandsuch.blogspot.com

Krista said...

You are very welcome! I am actually very excited to branch into the uses of the color wheel in regards to makeup and clothing.

Susie said...

Loved reading this. I had an AVON lady tell me I was COOL and I didn't have a clue what she meant. Now I know a little more about it,
THanks,
Susie

Krista said...

Thanks Susie! and a HUGE thank you for the post on the msg board. i had a HUGE amount of hits today from it too bad they took your post down! Its nice to see that im not writing this just for myself... although it was mostly just my learning and relooking stuff up to help with my color stuff. I like the direction my blog is going its nice and its nice to have someone reading it other than family

thanks for being my first real fan :)

Susie said...

Why did they take my post down? Do you know? I'm afraid to post more blogs now.
You're welcome,
Susie

Krista said...

No I dont have any idea why, unless its because i am a Mary Kay consultant? I did join the site, and i see where they have this rule posted at the top that reads:

The Nail Care Board is for posting nail care related topics only. No vulgarity, No profanity, No soliciting/advertising, No harassing or obscene posts, No swap discussion, No RAOK posts, No off-topic (OT) posts. Members who violate any of the above may be removed without notice.

I dont know what a RAOK post is. so it might be they thought posting my blog was solicitation, due to the link to my MK website, or that your post wasnt DIRECTLY about nail care IDK?

Susie said...

Ah that could be why. Maybe you are right. I contacted them and asked why so maybe they will get back to me.
I guess that makes sense but geeeesh they are kind fussy. :)
Susie

Krista said...

I am glad you contacted them. can you let me know what the rea reason was if they tell you please?

Susie said...

Yes, I'll try to remember to let you know. :)
Susie