Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Eyebrows


Lets talk about eyebrows....

Everyone wants beautiful eyebrows


But how do we get them??


Michelle just asked me this the other day, consequently I was plucking my brows at the time...

How do you know what to take away? Well back in the day, I was OBSESSED with beauty magazines. This was the standard then and it still seems to be today as I look around the interwebs...

I have what you call "Sasquatch" eyebrows. I have stray hairs from my lid crease, all the way up to my brow bone.

Before you jump ahead to this chart... let me point out EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT BONE STRUCTURE. Because of that you may want to put in LESS arch. Your natural brow will be your best guide, and I will teach you how to find that. yea everyone wants the perfect model eyebrow, but if God didnt give you that bone structure it isn't happening, so we are going to make your brows look Perfect for your structure along with your face.


This is a standard "how to judge chart"

OK first get a hand mirror, compact or what ever so you can look at your brow while you read this.

See the first black line on the chart? It goes up the side of our models nose? and nearly intersects with her tear duct? That is the point of the brow where it should start. Trash everything on the "nose" side of the line.

Next black line... that line is in "line" with the other corner of your eye. trash everything on the "ear" side of the line.

Here is where I stray a bit from the chart...


if you look at your brow and wrinkle it upwards like you are saying "oh REALLY?" you will see how your bone structure and your facial muscles pull the arch of your brow. Some brows are strait, Like Michelle's here... nearly no arch.

But her brows match her face. She can put a small arch in her brow by tweezing LIGHTLY in between the white line and the second black line. She will never have the brow on our model above because her brow just doesn't give her that arch.

Now lets look at an eye that has NEVER been touched.
I can guarantee this has never been done because its my guy buddy's eye.
His eye is already in the "arched" position (the wrinkles under his eye show that) the dark orange lines show the black lines from the first picture. the yellow line designates his Natural arch. Now if my dear Buddie Zach would WANT to do his eyebrows (he doesn't) he would remove the stray hairs circled in white. Because of his natural arch he could also remove a FEW that are circled in blue.

Do you get it? Did it make sense?

OH BTW, if you have hairs like the FIRST photo? brush your eyebrows up toward your hairline, and TRIM with a pair of very sharp scissors.

No comments: