Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chosen name


Well we have gone from barely feeling much more than squirmy sensations to full blown Kicks. Although we still do a considerable amount of squirming still.

I had forgotten how much I did like this part of pregnancy. I find my stress level is even lower now that I don't constantly worry if the Baby is fine!

We have decided on naming our little man Matthew. Matthew means Gift of God and after 3 years of trying (with a conclusion that other than IVF pregnancy would be impossible) and then my Hodgkin's lymphoma and treatment (2 years), with every doctor telling us that chemo would make me infertile on top of our fertility problems. We Basically decided that We would be happy just to have a life together. So we felt that Gift of God was incredibly fitting!

I also love that the verse i leaned on very heavily while i was going through the years of infertility was Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" I did a whole lot of asking in those first three years then a whole lot of "explain this to me" in the time i call "the cancer years" never in my dreams did i expect this.

No comments: