Thursday, February 3, 2011

missed anniversary

As I was working on my blog this AM, I happened to notice some dates at the top right hand side of my blog. 2-2-10 that was a year ago yesterday. the day i walked out of the cancer center knowing that all my treatment was done. I still had testing to do and a port to be removed etc. But i knew the cancer should be gone and that i was going to be alright.

Its odd, because i was thinking it had been a year when i woke at 4 am today as well. HUM it blows your mind looking at it. a whole year went by. and it seems it went very quickly. if you had told me that a year alter i would be 5 months pregnant and feeling just fine working at a job i thought i had left in the past as well I would have told you that you were nuts.

But that's exactly whats going on. I can still feel some scar tissue from my port being removed. and maybe still a stitch or two. I know i need to take a trip down to seem my ex-oncologist, and everyone at the cancer center. not everyone that goes there comes out as lucky as I am. I do miss them all so much. but it isn't the same when you go back certainly everyone is happy to see you, but you don't belong to the club any more. I still think on Tuesday i will plan on going though.

so happy anniversary to me. I'm a year past it and I'm better for it. Things have changed for me. i live a little more. But i can see where the further i am away from that year the more I'm going to get wrapped up in life and less in living. I supposed i will have to work on that. I need to focus more on where i have been to see where i am going.

1 comment:

Sewing Nutter said...

It is truly hard to believe that it has been a year. That means it's been over a year since we have reconnected. Sometimes it seems just like yesterday and others it seems like it has been YEARS. Your life has seen much happiness since your cure. So here's to the wonderful things still yet to come your way in the year ahead. Love you girl!