Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ducks for Daddy


One year while I was a teen, my parents raised ducks. From eggs in an incubator. We didn't handle them. They were pretty wild. We never had them caged, and then that fall they left. Its not that we didn't feed them, we always had food out for them, they just flew south.

The following spring a male and a female came back to the farm. Well they circled the farm. We saw them. Then they landed on the slow part of the creek just behind our farm.

Year after year a pair come back and stay at the creek behind the house. We always look for them and we are always sorry they don't come to the farm. But with no farm pond all we have to offer water fowl is the creek.

This year is different. We have had rain. Lots of rain. As a matter of fact it rained for four days strait. (normally this month that rain is snow or ice)

I was on my way out to enjoy a VERY quick motorcycle ride tonight when I noticed this... Our ducks on our new temporary pond. :)

My Daddy would have been so happy to have seen this.


No comments: