Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Diet update


This is my cat. This is my scale. This is a flying pig.

As You can see my dear Pepsi-Kittie is shaking her head "no" to the question "are you gonna get on the scale?"

But I actually have. I have lost a total of 7 pounds since I reset my ticker. give or take I tend to fluctuate 1 pound + or - day to day. Today I am on the + side but I dont stress over up one or down one. I am trying to exercise at least three times a week. and fairing pretty well with it. My Wii helps. I have also taken a clue from my GF Barb who has taken to climbing stairs. although I am just going to do 1 flight.... she did six the other week and she thought it was gonna kill her.... the THOUGHT of doing 6 flights of stairs I think is nuts....

I did make a cake the other day, and instead of leaving the cake uncut and allowing everyone to cut their own sized pieces, I cut the entire thing and I made the pieces smaller than I normally cut them. I have also started reading my labels again. Only this time I READ THEM OUT LOUD so Steve can be aware of what is going into his body as well.

I think he will jump on this soon it will be easier when everyone is on board, after all what was the point of the chemo if I am just going to die from being over weight?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Woohoo! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Krista!!! You can do it!!!! Maegan