Saturday, December 19, 2009

monday manicures-- Behind the Scenes


A lot of thought and planning goes into my designs. I have been working on this idea for about two weeks and I still couldn't quite get it to come together. So as I have done before I planned it out on paper.

This helps me coordinate colors and which colors wont "cover" over other colors. That's pretty important. Here I was thinking I could do red packages with green ribbon how much more Christmasy can you get, Right? well unfortunately you put green over red and it looks like brown/black ribbon not green. Bummer! Tried my green sharpie.. same result, must be a color wheel thing.

I can spend a lot of time just in this planning stage, and it might not even come together, or I can sit down and come up with an idea and it works so smooth and so well that it just goes directly on my nails...

I don't think Monday's is that simple but I am certain I will love it when its done.

No comments: