Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Appointment yesterday

We went to Williamsport yesterday to meet with my oncologist. This is a follow up to my last Chemo appointment.

My blood work was fantastic he agreed that I looked good as well... I told him I still have fatigue, this is something we will watch over the next month and see if it gets any better.

I have been taken off the Lovenox blood thinner, and placed on Comadin. the blood thinners make me feel very cold, and I was hoping I would only be on it for a short while. He thinks I will be on this for a minimum of 6 months good chance of longer. He is having Dr Nespola follow my Comadin as I have to have that monitored weekly for med changes as my blood thins and thickens.

I meet with Dr. Nagel on monday. This is my radio oncologist. From what I have been told he has done extensive research and written papers on hodgkins disease. I feel already that I can relax and let this new doc make decisions for what is best for my health. from what I have read radiation can be daily M-F for up to 8 weeks. But this will all be up to Dr Nagel. Doc Pineda wont even hazard a guess.

All in all an uneventful appointment. But at least I got my port flushed while I was there. and Steve and I got our Christmas shopping finished.

No comments: