Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gift from Casey


My daughter has a friend that, in my honest opinion, I never got to know well. Well enough to know who she was and her personal beliefs. So i guess i know her well enough, but she wasn't the constant teenager eating out of your fridge. (wouldn't have minded is she was) But her family moved to Texas a few years back and we were all sad to see her go.

We knew she still had family here so she would come back for visits. But hearing her name in day to day conversation and what was going on would be limited.

When My daugher told her that i was sick, she asked to be put on my mailer list. I didn't think much of it i has requests from alot of people so i just added her and went on with things.

Yesterday, she showed up at my house bearing this wonderful gift box that she had made herself! A blanket to take to Chemo (the air conditioners there can be bad depending on where they sit you) One of her personal teddy bears (that was so cool) a new bandanna for my head, a pear of big chunky earrings (the bear is wearing both of them) a pink and purple feather boa (which a crafter that is a bit excentric will go nuts for!) And a whole lot of little stuff you would find in a christmas stocking.

I know how much $$ teens have these days. and this really isnt about the money I know she spent like $20 on it or so and like I said it sint what she spent it was the thought she went into about it. She had to bring the bear from home, then take the time to go to the store, wrap it all up, and take taime out of her visit with her friends here and her family to spend a half hour or so with me.

I could not have been more touched by this kindness.

I was always told that it isnt the gift, or the cost of a gift, it was the thought that counted. I understood the meaning, but today I understand the truth to the meaning.

I cannot thank her enough for being another person to restore my faith in the humanity of this world, and what it could be. Keep it up Casey! You are on the right track!

No comments: