Friday, July 10, 2009

Chemo treatment 3

I just had my third treatment of chemo.

to date Chemo is treating me ok with only a very small amount of nausea. a few aches and pains, and of course the sacrifice of my hair. very small compared to what chemo is GIVING ME.

I thought i would share what Chemo has given me mainly to keep me focused on the positive aspects of my recovery.

Chemo has taken away:
  • Very high fevers (103+ deg)
  • a continual cough
  • incontinence (brought on by the cough)
  • night sweats
  • body shaking chills
  • body positioning pain (can't lay a certain way)
  • dizziness
  • vision issues
all of these issues took my independence and nearly my life. which is why I felt it important to remind myself, here in print, chemo isn't all that bad.

as a post script:

My Pet scan Came back with NO hot spots except for a tiny bit that was as he said "warm" at my shoulder. But it also showed that i still have active cancer cells. He said we will do another after a while. probably closer to winter. I was also told that I have been staged at "stage 2 B" it really does not matter to me. what matters is that I feel better and the chemo is working.

Unfortunately my white count dropped again, so much for the blueberries... they freeze well! and i can bake with them. better than to get sick

No comments: