Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Haircut and up date

I thought I would give everyone a quick update on how things have been going.

This week I have had some pain due to the chemo. My Dr told me that the chemo side effects would really get rolling seven days after treatment. And he was right. I called the office about it and they have me taking Motrin every 8 hours for pain. It works pretty good seems to keep the pain at bay. Another great side effect of this is that my fever seems to be gone. Now if it is gone or if the motrin just keeps it down to normal I don't know, but what I do know is that I don't miss them! My night sweats are not what they were either. Also, my mouth isnt nearly as sore as it was. I don't know what has caused this turn around other than perhaps that part of the chemo has washed out of my system. I am certain that it will come back.

I got my hair cut this week, as most of you know I love to have my hair long. But its a very short cut to try to get me used to the idea that I soon wont have any at all. I keep telling myself that the hair loss is only going to be temporary. And oddly the hair cut seems to be growing on me. Perhaps I will keep this once I am done?

My next Chemo is Tomorrow. Mom and Lou will be taking me to that. Michelle will be at Creation fest for the three days after my treatment. Shes going with the same youth group that she has always gone with and she is taking a friend with her as well this time.

I would like to thank everyone for the thoughts prayers and phone calls of encouragement that you have all shown please continue to keep me in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hope things are going well. Like the haircut! ~ Noell