Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Blanket


My Grandmother loved to crochet. She taught me how to do her favorite Afghan stitch. I cant for the life of me write it down because she didn't teach me the code, but she showed me painstakingly for a week until i got it right. I cant forget it now. and i recognise that stitch where ever i see it. She made my Daughter not only one but two baby blankets. a green one to match the nursery, then a pink one that she gave Michelle after she was born (we waited to find out with her)
I have been a bit melancholy about those in my life that have passed away, that Matt wont get the privilege of knowing. and sad also that Grandma wont be making him a blanket.
I learned after my father passed that you may pray for the impossible, and you KNOW it is impossible, but God will find you the second best thing. I dint pray hard for this, as a matter of fact,it was just a passing statement. "God I know I'm going to have plenty of blankets, I'm just a bit sad cuz i wont have one from Grandma."
fast forward a weeks or so. I'm in the grocery store parking lot its a nice day the snow is melting and under a pile of cinders is this poor excuse for a blanket. its dirty. its nasty looking. But being a blanket carrier since i was a small child, I knew this blanket must have been loved a tone point and i would put it in the back of my car and wash it and have a look at it clean. "Heck," I thought to myself "it wont even hold up to a wash!"
well It did. frankly three washes and a fourth with bleach, and look what i have.




This is THE SAME pattern my grandmother used! trimmed the way she would have trimmed it! The stripes isn't quite her way but it is VERY VERY close! Blue and white. like i said before he wont give you what you know is impossible, but he will provide the next best for you.

No comments: