Wednesday, February 16, 2011

crock pot savy

A good friend of mine have multiple crock pots. I never understood why. After all I have my 6 quart. it travels well, and i can feed an army with it.



BUT now that i am down to just Steve and i at home, (at least until Matt gets here and big enough to start eating like a teenager) I don't need 6 quarts of spaghetti.



Steve was rooting in the cabinets last night and found a tiny crock pot my mom had "uncluttered" to my house. I kept if for oh who knows why after all what did i need a 1 1/2 quart crock pot for? its so small barely big enough to feed two people.



two people hummm that's what we have here now. :)



So out it came!



I was thinking as i was putting our stuffed steaks into the small crock pot that i wish i had a place to keep this little one, because everyone know if you put an appliance away you will never use it.. then i picked it yup and popped it right into my 6 quart and it sat there quite nicely. so there i have a nice storage spot AND it takes up no more room than my normal crock pot!




As you can see Mom had a bit of an accident with the plastic lid and a hot stove LOL, so i used my sauce pan lid, honestly the crock pot is a bit on the very full side, so the blue lid wont fit anyhow. but OMM NOMM! stuffed steak without a ton of leftovers, and with only a tiny crock pot to pop into the dishwasher!

If you would like the recipe for my stuffed steak please go here

No comments: