Friday, January 22, 2010

An old way to cut down

Today I was at a large grocery store with My sister after my radiation treatment to just pick up a few things I had a nice dinner of chicken Alfredo planned for Steve and I so I wanted so Garlic bread to go with it. Ten years ago I probably would have picked up a nice bottle of wine. But not so much now. On the way out I saw this bottle of Mountain dew. Now we have had "throw back" before I have to say it really helped me NOT WANT soda. I can actually taste the difference and if I can't have throw back I don't want it.

So I picked up ONE bottle. Knowing full well Steve would be delighted.

Throughout my conversation with my sister about this product, she asked why if we both loved it so much why did I only get one bottle. Its only a buck so she knew it wasn't the $$. I told her that we would share it.

Sharing a soda sounds like a new concept doesn't it? But really its not.

Think back.....

Can you remember soda pop coming like this? Nickle deposits on the bottles. If you didnt have a bottle opener you were just out of luck till you got home. But honestly you didnt get the whole thing yourself anyhow. If you bought it it was probably with money you got from cashing in old bottles you and your friends found. Then you all shared it. You just wiped off the top before you took a swig, and thought nothing of it.

My Step Mom always had Pepsi in glass returnables, and I could have soda at her house. But I never got the whole thing. At her house it was just because you drank soda out of a glass not out of a bottle. She and I would split it and talk while we drank it. When did we start drinking it out of a bottle? And when did we stop sharing it?

Steve and I have started sharing our sodas and we don't just grab a soda when we are thirsty anymore. Bottled water we don't share. But sharing a soda cuts down half the calories and with ONLY buying throw back, we consider it a treat again and we enjoy it so much more.

OH one more thing Soda is drank from Glasses here too.

No comments: