Saturday, October 3, 2009

A DIFFRENT DONATION

I have a friend that lives away. He has been very supportive though out my illness with short encouraging letters. He feels badly that he cannot make the trip here for my benefit tonight. So in my email today I received a poem.

I have never been written a poem before and I would like to thank him for this, and share it with everyone.

Mirror of Autumn
On the river
when the rain
pours down
and gleans
in gray steel hue
the mirror of autumn
shines above
with branches
in shadow
in reflected overhang
damp
and lost
near
the bright
green shore
clouds
are the blanket
that warms
earth's
heart
for beneath that gray
beneath
the surface
held to account
by lofty premise
there is light beneath
and life
still that shines
in the heart
and peace
in the soul
that gives
mere love

-B. Berry

Used by permission~
Please do not use this without permission. thank you

No comments: