Thursday, August 13, 2009

To PIC or Not to PIC that is the question!

About a month ago I sent out a thing saying i had talked to the doctor about getting a mediport or a pic line. This is a system to administer the chemo with out having to make my arms look line a pin cushion.

I am ALL FOR this idea. I think with my high blood numbers.. yes my counts are still excellent. the risk of getting sick from this would out weigh any bad stuff that could come along and my doctor was fine with this decision as well.

But for some reason the appointment never got made. so no pic line. no mediport. I had another treatment last tuesday and it was a hard treatment. I was sicker this time. my veins hurt in my arm. I am afraid for the next time it may feel this way in my right arm... which is my dominant arm. So i started asking about my PIC line and why havent i gotten anymore information on it???

Seems my Dr must have had it slip his mind. so they are gonna get together and see if we cant get this in the works soon but who knows when! Now they are wanting to RE discuss medi port or pic... seems there is concern about the length of time i still have in my chemo.

SOOO guess i have to wait and see....

No comments: