Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mediport in!


I had to be to the surgeons by 6 am. That means I had to be up by 4 am to get there on time. UGH! But we made it and had a pleasant drive in a fog bank that was thicker than pea soup.

I was put in surgery sometimes after 7:30 and I was out by 8:30 everything went off without a hitch. I was sitting at Denny's eating breakfast by 11 or so.

In this picture you can see my port under the steri-strips. I am a bit sore and I am certain sleeping tonight will be a bit tough. Although a nap at one today was easy enough.

They say I can use this when I go for my next treatment. yippee!

PS... see my hat?? My marine nephew sent this too me. I gotta say a big thank you to any military person who wears these in the heat! It was 83 with a breeze when this was taken and I was sweating under this hat! I cant IMAGINE wearing it in 90+ weather!

No comments: