Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day after Biopsy


I came home early because my biopsy went remarkably well. very noninvasive and quickly. I was sitting in my car to go home by 10:30 when we were prepared to be there until 2 pm or so.

The staff was great. I was very scared. They did everything they could do to make me feel relaxed. I did relax, once they got me settled, because then the ball started rolling. My personal admission nurse, had the same "type" of personality as I do so she was easy to "bond" with. As much as you can bond with a person you meet for an hour. Her name was Julie

My nurse anesthetist reminded me of Ed Begley. He at least had a face I could trust.

When My Doctor came in to "mark" me. (he told me its a bogus thing to have to do, but it makes patients more comfortable.) We laughed because "House" hasn't helped in this matter any.

Today he felt less like a jerk and more like John C McGinley (who plays Dr Cox on "scrubs") for those of you who don't have a husband that watches this contantly,
Dr. Cox is the senior attending physician,who is described as "a hard-ass with a heart of gold" and for some reason all of the fear, all of the mistrust went out the window when that image came to my mind.

Doc, now has looked at this under the scope and told me that we will know for certain, but he is pretty sure that this is Hodgekins Disease. They say that this is not only treatable, but curable.

What I prayed for today:
  1. I need to trust my doctors.
  2. No Chest surgery.
  3. I want to be home in time for supper
  4. not to have to worry about coughing untill, after I get home where I can take my meds
  5. and for a not so scary diagnosis
All of my prayers were answered today PRAISE God!

No comments: